THE TIRE



"Be a participant in life. Push the play button and agree to see the best in any situation, and be amazed at what you see."                        Life's Garden of Weekly Wisdom       ---Sandra Lindsey Smith

When I was forty-four I got a divorce.  It was interesting, dating again after eighteen years of marriage. I was looking for someone to be a companion with for an occasional movie or dinner out. I went to a friend’s fiftieth birthday party and met a man who wanted me to come back to his yacht with him.  I said, “I can’t tonight, but maybe we could meet for breakfast in the morning.” We decided to meet at the restaurant right by the marina.

The next morning came, and I started out to the restaurant, all the time I kept thinking to myself, is this a good idea or isn’t it, is it or isn’t it. As I was driving into the marina parking lot, the tire literally fell of my four by four. (Was that God speaking out loud to me or what?) The man I was meeting suggested I just park the SUV, have breakfast, and then deal with the vehicle.  I wanted to take care of the car right away.  I thought of a man at my spiritual center that repaired cars in the garage of his own home. I called him, he said bring it over, and then I called Triple A to tow me over there.

I was able to talk to the man from my center, I got to know him better, and then I recthngs tend to unfold as they should.eived what I was looking for, a friend to go places with.

"Every action that is conscious, and that aims at bringing about a result, arises from a motivation. My religion is very simple: My motivation is love. My religion is Kindness." Little book of Inner Peace     --Dahli Lama

Has there been guidance behind something in your life? Call it faith, call it fate, or maybe call it Divine Inspiration, whatever you call it, know that 

 Love and light,

Sandy Smith


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog