BE KIND TO YOURSELF

"Things always get better. When you believe this, it becomes true. In the same way as you don't believe it doesn't get better, it doesn't get better."  Sandra Lindsey Smith, --"Life's Garden Grows"

Have you ever noticed how readily we rush to forgive other people for the minute, negative observations they say about themselves, but it is much more difficult for you to forgive yourself for the very same tiny thing you say about yourself? All the, "I AMs" that come out of our mouths are packed with the potential to show up in our lives exactly as they spring from our mouths. So, no: "I am so stupid"; "I can't get my hair to look right; or, "why do I even go in for this job interview, I can never express myself well under pressure" NO! Those are not the, "I AMs" that you want to spring from the depth of your soul. Instead, "I could have done that a different way", "My hair always is perfect just the way it is", or "I may feel a little nervous right now, but that will inspire me with the positive energy to complete a successful interview."

Consider yourself to be your best friend and give yourself kudos for always doing the best you can do in any situation. If it didn't work out the way you wanted it to, what could you do differently the next time. It is always a good idea to be as kind to yourself as you are to others. So, be just as mindful of what you say to others as you do to yourself.

"It's nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice."  --United States Post Office

How do you view yourself? Are you always ruminating on all the things you did wrong during the day? Or, do you applaud yourself for all the things that went right. To me I would rather be pleased with the positive and  evaluate what things I could do differently the next time, if I need to. Bk kind to yourself.

Love and light,

Rev Sandy Smith


Comments

Popular posts from this blog