AFRICAN VIOLETS

"You were created to be. And to be, you have to emerge from the cocoon of complacency and dare to         venture in consciousness across uncharted seas of mind."                                                                                              Raymond Charles Barker                      --The Power of Decision                                                  

For as long as I can remember, African violets have always been my favorite flower. Once I had a baker’s rack that I rigged with a florescent light.  It stayed on continually.  The violets really flourished.  One thing about them, is when you first get them, move them around the house, from window to window, until you find a place that they bloom. Then let them stay in the same place permanently.  My current violets reside in a west facing window with wooden slate blinds that partially block the sun.  I started with one plant and now have four, each year dividing the extra plants that grow alongside the intitial plant.  As I separate the plants, I think of them as children and grandchildren of the initial plant. I also encourage talking to the plants, praising them for blooming, and petting their leaves. Several of my friends have offspring from the first plant. Plants are living things that need to be appreciated, just like people.

"Beautiful plants are like the intentional, positive thoughts we place in our fertile, subjective mind,                               waiting for the Law to produce positive demonstrations in our lives."                                 Sandra Lindsey Smith, --Life's Garden of Weekly Wisdon.

What growing thins do you have success with? Whether it is people, plants or beards, tendor loving care is what nurtures them to grow.

Love and light,

Sandy Smith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog