VISITING BILL

"Poise is that perfect balance that maintains everything in its proper place, without effort".                                                              --Ernest Holmes

I remember when I was about thirty-two, visiting my brother Bill and his wife, and my nephew, Matthew. I think he was about three, and very bright for his age.  As we left to go out for dinner one night, my brother remarked that we needed to get gas on the way home.  We went out, had a nice dinner, and as we were turning on the street to go home, my nephew asked, “Are we going right home?” and my brother replied in the affirmative. Matt then said, “Oh, then I guess we’re going to get gas tomorrow."

One evening, as he was going to bed, Bill asked him, which pajamas do you want to wear, the blue or the red?  Do you want a story or a song?  He was given a choice about what to do as he was going to bed, instead of if he wanted to go to bed.

Wouldn't it be a wonderful benefit to others if we could remember to give them a choice when and where possible.  I know for me my feather's get ruffled if I feel that people are always telling me what to do. I have finally discovered that I have the ability to decide whether that is really the case or not. As an adult I have learned to put on my duck suit at times, especially when I realize that I don't always have to be right. 

"What we send out, we attract back to us. The field of energy around us is like a magnet. We give and we receive, and very often we discover that in the giving is the receiving."

                Life's Garden of Weekly Wisdom         --Sandra Lindsey Smith."

What memories and lesson's do you have of the family members in your life? Is there a lesson you have learned from someone?

Love and light,

Sandy



Comments

Popular posts from this blog