SLOW AND STEADY DOES WIN THE RACE


Time and space are modes by which we think and not conditions in which we live.

                                                           Albert Einstein

If you have ever heard the Aesop  fable of, The Tortoise and the Hare, you probably know that the tortoise wins the race because he was slow and steady from start to finish. The hare, however, because of his over bloated ego, felt that he was so fast that he could nap for a bit before he finished the race. In real life the slow but steady turtle may live the longest of any animal on earth. Some have been recorded to have lives of up to 300 years. Compare that to human beings and their drive to get things done at a breakneck speed. 

For me, there are many times when I have five or six things I am working on at the same time. Sometimes I just have to choose which project gets my full attention at the time.  My affirmative prayer for that project is for time to accommodate me, by stretching my mindset to having enough time. When I do that, I find that I calm down and let go of worry, and I finish with time to spare. "Slow and steady wins the race."

"So often, what it takes is the initial step. When you start moving with an idea, The Universe make the way possible."

Life's Garden Grows,                             --Sandra Lindsey Smith

Time is a relative thing. Waiting for someone to show up is not a hard thing to handle; keeping your hand on a hot pot you pick up is another matter. May time stretch as you allow it to. Be focused and calm as you plunge into a project that needs your immediate attention.

Love and light,

Rev Sandy Smith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog