TAKE A STAND

"You've got to take a stand for something or you'll fall for anything."  --Aaron Tippin

Has there ever been a moment in you life where you have been wavering whether to do something or not? I have discovered that for me, those are the times when I need to be bold and brave, and to take a stand. Do you stand up for others when you see injustice, or do you look around to see who is watching you before you stand up for what you believe in? I think of that great movie, Norma Rae, in which Sally Field portrays the woman who fought to establish labor unions in the women's clothing industry; or Cesar Chavez and his fight for for the laborers in the grape industry. Taking a stand is being exceptionally courageous.

When I first discovered the faith tradition that speaks to me, Religious Science, a chance to take a class came up. I wavered, should I take it or not? I wavered too long and I let it pass by. The next class that came up was Raymond Charles Barker's, The Power of Decision,  I had to take it. Spirit was speaking to me. I took the class, and it has made all the difference in my life.

Find what your passion is and follow it. Never say "It's too hard" or "What difference could I make?" All of us, when we follow our head and heart, could be the very ones that make a big difference.

"The point is that we have so many ideas that could be so beneficial to humanity if acted upon. Take inventory, jot down your ideas, and let one of them take wing. Remember, the only heaven and hell we experience are the ones we create for ourselves here on earth, so dare to be extra-ordinary. Dare to be exceptional."                  Life's Garden of Weekly Wisdom,         --Sandra Lindsey Smith

What is the one small step you could take to make a big difference?

Love and light,

Rev Sandy Smith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog