HECTIC, BUT WONDERFUL TIMES


"The inner sanctuary is filled with purity and wonder. It is a place of peace and comfort, safety and warmth. To enter this world takes discipline since it requires the practice of meditation and silent contemplation."
Caroline Reynolds             -- Spiritual Fitness

Maybe hectic may not be the best word to use in the title of this blog, but we have all been there. Going to class, picking up the kids, grabbing a cup of coffee, driving to work, all may be very important; but having a Saturday that showers you with a chance for meditation, peaceful words, and a beautiful space to be in, that is the relief that your soul longs for. It's sort of like when a headache goes away and you feel like yourself again.

I was at a peace meditation at my Center last Saturday, and my soul absorbed a beautiful bath of peace, truth, and guided and silent meditation, wonderful singing bowls, and gentle words from poems and readings about peace in ourselves, our community, and the world. It was a chance to sink into the bliss of solitude and calm my soul.

Feeling the serenity of meditation reminds me that I have a connection to Spirit. Practicing the peace and calm of meditation lifts my soul to its highest level. It's then when I can realize that the business of my day is actually essential; but quiet time is essential as well. It is a gift to myself and allows me to commune with the Divine Intelligence that creates everything.

"If you've ever been out on the deck of a ship late at night and watched the endless ocean, or stared at the stars on a cloudless night, you feel the vastness of the Universe. This, too, is communing with nature, or communing with God."

Sandra Lindsey Smith              --Life's Garden of  Weekly Wisdom

Do you find peace in the silence or is it disquieting to you? Sometimes walking and enjoying the scenery around you brings that calm breath of fresh air or listening to music soothes you. Whatever it is, make time to let go of the business of the day and sink into the delightful silence.

Love and light,

Rev Sandy




Comments

Popular posts from this blog