DIVINE DISCONTENT

Discontentment is a gift. It's the stuff that changes the world. Shane Claiborne

Do you ever get a feeling at times, that somethings needs to different; do you have the urge to do something different in your life? I think of it as a sort of Divine Discontent, something bubbling inside you that needs to surface as a new experience: it might be a new and rewarding job; letting go of a relationship that no longer serves you; or, deciding to live a healthier lifestyle. Whatever it may be, it may be a pulsing idea you feel compelled to follow.

For me it was a progression of different work experiences. In college it was working in a sandwich shop, the library, and the theatre department's costume shop; in my mid-thirties, it was teaching high school drama, selling Mary Kay Cosmetics;  in my forties I focused on, contecting to my spiritual calling, taking classes, becoming a practioner, a staff minister, and eventually finding my own center to lead. In looking back at those changes, I was never unhappy with a prior source of employment, I was merely progressing to a new work experience. Each new job supplied me with what I needed to learn, and know that there was still more to learn. Along the way I always had a knowing that there was a new step to take. Each Divine discontent led me to what was next on my list of things that were mine to do.

If you find that you. as well, have more talents to share, meditate on what your next step is. Quench the inspiring thoughts that are urging you on, and be thankful that everything you have experienced has brought you to who you are today.

By some Divine inner awareness, call it what we will, there is an intuition within man which pushes him forward.  Ernest Holmes

What inner wisdom is within you, waiting to come out? Pray about it, meditate, vision what it might look like. What is waiting to be expressed by means of you?

Love and Light,

Rev Sandy Smith






Comments

Popular posts from this blog