FORGETFUL or LACK OF FOCUS?


Wasn't the meeting today?

“Forgetting happens. If you stress about it, it'll happen even more.”

― Lisa Genova, Remember: The Science of Memory and the Art of Forgetting

What happens if you forget something? Are you just not thinking straight? You know you wrote the information down, but where did you write it down? You are sure you placed the meeting on your phone, but was it in notes, or on your calendar?

For me, it is more that I am hyper-focused on something, and not present enough to know what time it is. I try to set the alarm on my phone to remind myself that I need to move on to that meeting or phone call I need to make. 

The point of all of this, is that when you have planned to be somewhere or do something at at certain time, you feel bad when you have missed it. Really all you can do is to try and do it differently the next time so that you don't miss out on meeting your time slot in the future. It wouldn't hurt to turn the focus over to Spirit, and remeber that "With God All Things are Possible."

"Challenges present themselves and we must use our mental abilities to work our way through them. So, we think carefully. We remember to accept God's Presence in our lives." Sandra Lindsey Smith,                    --Life's Garden Grows

So, am I alone in my lack of focus, on forgetting that particular meeting or phone call? Perhaps we both can put that affirmative prayer on our list and know that we are clear-minded and focused on being in the presen moment at all times? My affirmation is that mindfulness matters.

Have a wonderful Saint Patrick's Day!

Love and light,

Rev Sandy Smith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog