LET GO OF WHAT NO LONGER SERVES YOU-

EMBRACE WHAT YOU LOVE TO DO

"There is no greater gift you can give or receive than to honor your calling. It is why you were born and how you become most truly alive."    --Oprah Winfrey

If you are anything like me, you are a busy person, so many irons in the fire, so many things to accomplish on your calendar. Recently, while reading The 15 Principles of  Effective leadership, I read about doing the things that you excel at, those activities that make you lose all sense of time. In college I was like that when studying how to draft a set for a play. I would save it as the last piece of my assignments for the day. I would never get sleepy because I loved it so much that it might be 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning when I finished, and I never would have guessed that much time had gone by.

So, I looked at my current day activities and decided to let go of the one thing that was stressing me.
Even though I loved the people I was serving, the driving distance and filing the paperwork were stumbling blocks. In letting go of that one thing, I felt that a load had been lifted. Now, I am able to spend more time doing the things I really enjoy. I invite you to do the same.

 "One thing as important as breathing, is simply being yourself; and yet we don't always remember to do it on purpose. Taking time each day to relax into silent reflection and meditation can really be effective in our lives. Relax into God's healing Presence."
Life's Garden Grows,           -Sandra Lindsey Smith

What things do you need to let go? What do you love to do? Perhaps make a list, take stock of what you notice. If it is a job you dislike, keep your feelers out for something better. While you are looking, keep doing the best at the job you are in, and be happy. If you concentrate on what you hate about it, you are likely to attract more of the same in the next job. What you think about comes about, so, concentrate on what you do want in life.
Love and light,
Sandy Smith

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog