THE PRESENT MOMENT

"Life is a blessing or a curse, according to the use we make of it. In the long run, no one judges us but ourselves. We believe in a law that governs all things and all people. If we make mistakes, we suffer. We are our own reward and our own punishment." -Ernest Holmes

Are you grateful at this precise moment? In my late forties, I discovered that doing exactly this made my life easier. I started realizing that everything that that happens isn't good and isn't bad, it just is. Something may happen that seems horrible at the time, it may seem like a giant road block, but eventually you may look at is as a stepping stone. Getting divorced, going through an illness, growing up in an abusive environment all pales when you have gone through a challenge and come out wiser as a result of it. All that I have been through in my life allows me to be more loving and compassionate with others. When I allow myself to be free of perceived injustices, I release myself from being the victim.

"Not forgiving is like taking poison and expected the other person to die." Attributed to many authors, including Nelson Mandela 

Do you tell the same story of woe to everyone you meet? Or do you learn from the mishaps in your life? I wish you the best in everything you do, because everything you have been through has made you into the unique and precious person you are today.

Love and light,

Sandy Smith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog