THE BLESSINGS OF SILENCE


"We have a truly awesome reminder of the Divine Intelligence behind all creation when we contemplate the Universe that surrounds us,and the multiple Universes beyond that."

Life's Garden of Weekly Wisdom,    --Sandra Lindsey Smith 


When I taught high school, I would have my students write about this quote, "Alone in a crowd is lonely, alone by yourself is powerful." It was an amazement to me how their responses were so insightful. One student said, "You are never alone wherever you are, only you can make yourself lonely." 

As a "latchkey" kid (before a name was given to it), I was home by myself quite a bit. I actually loved the silence. Reading has always been my favorite addiction ( I guess that is probably the best addiction one could have). Very often, when I am waiting in line, sitting in a dentist office or at the airport, I think to myself, what a lucky person I an, I have time to get in a few more pages of the book I am reading.

As an adult, at 46 while experiencing a divorce, I found a Science of Mind Church. Not only did it embrace me with its love and teaching, it reminded me that silence can be a wonderful blessing. Henry Ford once said, "Whether you think it's right or you thing it's wrong, you are absolutely right." 

Life is what you make it. As you respond to anything in life, you always have a choice, will you bite someone's head off, or will you remain calm and respond in a positive but firm manner?

"You win an argument by refusing to argue." Raymond Holiwell,  --Working with the Law

What do uou think about the silence? Is it a blessing, or something that annoys you? Do you argue about something because you have to be right, or can you decide that just because someone does something differenty than you would, that is isn't wrong, it's just different?

Love and light,

Sandy Smith
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog