FROM MY SACRED PLACE TO YOURS 


"It is only in the silence that we can hear the voice of the universal life force."  
Carolyn Reynolds,  --Spiritual Fitness

It was in my middle forties that I first discovered my spiritual voice. I walked into a Center for Spiritual Living, and found a teaching that coincided with my beliefs about a Higher Power. I cried myself through the first several weeks that I attended the Center--I had finally found a family of like minded individuals. It felt like I had finally come home. One of the things I began practicing was meditation, and I made myself a space in my home for a sacred spaced.

Since I have moved to Los Vegas, I created a similar space to come to when I go into the silence to commune with Spirit. Spend some quality time silencing your mind, or listen to some gentle music, or take a walk in nature, anything that allows you to go within and connect with the Divine.

"As you become more regular in your spiritual practice you will find that calmness of Spirit is always present."  Life's Garden of Weekly Wisdom,  --Sandra Lindsey Smith

Do you meditate or have some other spiritual practice that    you do everyday? When I first started a spiritual practice it was just writing down three things I was grateful for at the end of the day. Gradually I added journaling, reading a chapter in a new thought book, and meditating. Whatever you do, even if it's walking the dog, or taking a bubble bath, do it mindfully and see if it makes a difference,
Love and light,
Sandy Smith


Comments

Popular posts from this blog