FENCES



              "Good neighbors make good fences." "Something there is that doesn't love a wall."                       The Mending Wall, Robert frost

Fences, do thy keep things protected from within, or do they keep bad things from coming in? The lines from Robert Frost's poetry pose are an interesting perspective. The answer lies in the eye of the beholder. Fences are like walls They hold things in and keep things out. In regards to people, keeping things in, bottled up, can lead to debilitating tension in there lives and may show up as aches and pains and other maladies. Sometimes the relief comes from sharing with someone you trust. For me, This has happened at numerous times. When I keep something bottled up inside me, I reach a pressure point, sometimes I feel a cold coming on. Once I share my problem, it's like a heavy load has been lifted off my shoulders. 

Sometimes we think that we are the only person who goes through a certain situation, and yet in almost any subject you bring up, there are thousands of other people who have gone through the same thing. There are groups for almost anything you can think of. My mom went to a a group of people who were care-givers for people with alzheimers. She was able to hear solutions to problems that other people had been going through, and she could share experiences she had gone through. 

There are things we keep to ourselves, and some things we need to share, trust your inner light to guide you to the right perspective.

"Things will always get better. When you believe this, it becomes better. In the same way as                                     you believe it won't get better, it doesn't get better."                                     Sandra lindsey Smith,  Life's Garden Grows.

Do you value having someone that you can share openly with? If not,  there are many faith traditions who offer counseling. There are hotlines you can use to share something anonomously. I could always vent to my mom or one of my sisters. Share with someone you know that cares.

Love and light,

Sandy Smith




Comments

Popular posts from this blog