MY SHOES

                                         

"These boots are made for walking."

When Gary and I first got married, we lived in a cute little condo that was above its own garage. I had been used to living alone for four years, and I was a teacher that stood on my feet for eight hours a day. My feet hurt and I was used to coming home and taking my shoes off anywhere.  During the first month of our marriage Gary blew up at me, saying, “WHY DO YOU HAVE TO LEAVE YOUR SHOES ALL OVER THE HOUSE.” Calmly I replied, “I’m sorry, I didn’t realize it bothered you, I will put them in the closet when I get home every day.”

That pretty much still happens, but I have my occasional slip. I have such a wonderful shoe rack now that it really is a rarity that I leave them laying around. Both my husband and my wasband will both tell you, there is rarely a shoe that will not fit my foot.

                           "Don't be afraid to make  a mistake, your readers might like it."                                                                     --William Randolph Hurst

Looking back into your life, are there some things that bothered someone else that seem to be so trivial today?  Someitmes we just have to think, ten years from now will this bother me?

Love and light,

Sandy Smith




Comments

Popular posts from this blog