WE GATHER TOGETHER

“Sometimes we focus so much on what we don't have that we fail to see, appreciate, and use what we do have!”

                                                   --Jeff Dixon

On Thanksgiving, I remember all there is to be thankful for, good friends, loving family, food to eat, clean water to drink, and the laughter that bubbles up when you least expect it. For all of this and more, I am deeply grateful.

I think of Thanksgivings past and the people who have touched my life in so many amazing ways. I am indeed living the blessing. What is underneath all of this blessing? A gift from Spirit, a belief in the goodness of a higher Power in my life; the kindness of loved ones in my life who have inspired the kindness in me; and the inate decision to respond rather than react to all of lifes challenges. I have learned that challenges make us stronger, and that they are often stepping stones to somethng more valuable in life.

Happy thanksgiving, and may all your days be ones to be thankful for.

We are the ones who most often refuse to accept ourselves as we are. Simple acceptance is easier to achieve when recognizing that the Creative Inteeligencce of God wants us to have all the good we are willing to receive."

Life's Garden of Weekly Wisdom                   --Sandra Lindsey Smith

Can you remember a favorite thanksgiving from the past? What made it so wonderful, a feeling, a meal-good or bad, the people present? Whatever it might have been, enjoy the pleasant memories.

Love and light,

Sandy Smith


Comments

Popular posts from this blog