WORRY BIRD

"Fear is the dark room where negatives are developed"              --Raymond Charles Barker

All my life I have been a bit of a worrier. I remember back in elementary school to a brownie meeting. We were leaving to go on a trip to a local park, and I waited until everyone left to make sure that the lights had been turned off.  My mother had told me that if you left the lights on when you went out of the house, that it might catch on fire. Obviously, she was talking about a table lamp, but my mind focused on lights in general.  Apparently I exhibited this worrying trait, because at the end of brownies that year, the troop leader gave me a worry bird pin to wear. She said it was a worry bird, and that I was to let the bird do the worrying from this point on.

Through the years I find that worrying is something I consciously need to let go of.  Worrying is not going to change any situation for what "might" happen. There is at least a 50 percent chance that it won't. What my mind is focused on will most likely happen, so I let go of the worry and think about the positive outcom.

"Many fears, when faced by shedding light on the darkness they have caused, tend to disappear."

Life's Garden of Weekly Wisdom                      --Sandra Lindsey Smith

What do you worry about? If it happened in the past, you can't change it.If it "might" happen in the future, there is just as good a chance that it won't. Focus on the outcome being in your favor. let the light in, it will shine the darkness away.

Love and light,

Sandy Smith


Comments

Popular posts from this blog