COVED-19 AND THE 1918 FLU



"Believe with all of your heart that you will do what you were made to do." 

--Orison Swert Marden

A little more than one hundred years between the 1918 Flu epidemic and the Novel Coved-19 virus. My  grandfather on my mother’s side, died at age thirty-six of the 1918 flu. He was a Methodist missionary, home from his assignment in India, having survived Yellow Fever, only to die of the Flu.

The Corona-19 took me by surprise. In March of 2020, I was tutoring at a local high school, when we were told we were shutting down for three months. At first it was great, time to relax, clean the house up, get rid of a few items taking space in the house; then it grew to six months, a year, and now, as I am writing this, a few years have gone by. I have written a few children’s books, and  my third book of essays, and I am trying not to watch too much television. I have read  dozens of great books, built quite a few puzzles, and communicated with friends and family by email and phone. I got used to wearing face masks and limiting the times I leave the house, and was ready for another new normal. Now I am back to wearing masks in crowed places. The blessings I've learned? The blessing is spending time with family and friends, have a roof over my head, clean water, healthy food to eat, and the blessings of Spirit in, through and around me at all times.

"Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm, and harmony." --Thomas Merton

What take-aways do you have from this Coved-19 experience? What has it made you more appreciative of? 

Love and light,

Sandy

Comments

Solitudin' it said…
The blessing is taking it all in stride, as though it were my usual normal. I love making new habits.

Popular posts from this blog