ALONE OR IN A CROWD

"Your soul wants to teach you about your strength. It wants you to believe in your abilities and gifts, It wants you to lift up your head with pride and claim your brithright; the life that is yours to experience."

Naomi Levy, Einstein and the Rabbi

My days of teaching high school were very enjoyable. I had teachers in my own life who gave me assignments where I could express my own ideas, and I did the same thing for mine. One essay I assigned in an English class, was to write about the following statement.  “Alone in a crowd is lonely; alone by yourself is powerful.”  I got so many varied responses, ranging from the fear of being alone, to the joy of solitude.  When I apply the quote to myself, I have always enjoyed small gatherings of people, rather than crowded galas with light-hearted small talk. I have also enjoyed the solitude of reading a book, sitting down to write, and walking by myself at the beach as the sun comes up. To me, the answer lies in being able to enjoy yourself no matter where you are, be comfortable in your own skin and never think of yourself as being alone. Know that you are loved, lovable, and loving, and that your presence makes a positive difference wherever you are.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."  --Margaret Mead

Have you found peace with solitude? Taking time to enjoy the silence can be very powerful, add that to being in nature and embracing all that Spirit has created, and you have "the peace that passes understanding".

Love and light,

Sandy

Comments

Solitudin' it said…
I've never been bored, never felt lonely. That's my normal.

Popular posts from this blog