ADHD?

"Explore your possibilities. Your mission is to live your life to the fullest, nurture others and be be nurtured, be minddful of the planet and all living creature, and share yourself and your talent with others."  Sandra Lindsey Smith, Life's Garden of weekly Wisdom.

I’ve always wondered if I have had ADHD that was never diagnosed.  Do I have that condition, or do I just think globally?  I always have many projects going at the same time and find it hard to sit still when I am watching television. Sometimes I start an affirmative prayer treatment in my mind, and a little bit later I realize that I haven’t finished it.  I find that writing a prayer out is a better alternative for me, because I keep thinking while I am writing.  Maybe that is one reason that I like to write so much.

I read a cute article in a magazine that talked about a woman who woke up in the morning and went down stairs, to go out the front door, and bring in the trash cans and pick up the mail. On a table by the front door she noticed a receipt she had been looking for, picked it up and walked into the office to file it.  There she noticed a towel that needed to get to the laundry room.  The phone rang and she went to the kitchen to answer it. She noticed a tear in her curtain she needed to mend and sat down to sew. One thing led to noticing another thing, and another, and another.  At the end of the day she didn’t understand why she was tired, and realized she had never brought in the mail or her trash can.

Since I last started this entry, I have discovered that I do have ADHD and I have developed coping techniques that have kept it under control.  I have to remember not to cut people off before they are done with there ideas, and when I am cleaning a room I need to set what doesn't belong in that room into the hallway so that I stay on task. It actually is good to know that I can deal with some situations that annoy other people by being more mindful of the things I say and do. I think when you have ADHD that sometimes it's hard to understand what is is you are doing that can bother someone else.

"Surround youself with only people who are going to lift you higher."   --Oprah Winfrey

Do you have ADHD or know someone who does? What are your coping mehanisms? I am lucky in that all of the jobs I have had, leant themselves to my condition. Teaching drama as well as being in ministry allow me to see the big picture of situations and to go with the flow.

In love and light,

Sandy Smith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog