COLLEGE, NOT IF BUT WHERE



"If we live truly, we shall see truly."            ---Ralph Waldo Emerson

My family might not have had a surplus of money while I was growing up, but what we lacked in finances was made up for in love. My parents valued education and we grew up not wondering if we would be going to college, but where.  Four children in the family and we all graduated with college degrees. My father graduated with degrees in mechanical engineering, metallurgy, as well as one in music.  My mother did a two-year college study after high school, and then, later is life, went on to earn her certificate in interior design. Kids need either a parent who cares about them or a caring teacher or other influential adult to whet their interest in continuing their education.  You may not think you make a difference in anyone else’s life, but to at least one person, you make a world of difference.

 "You have to be true to yourself. You have to be enough in touch with who you are and what you want, how you want to live and what's important to you, to make your decisions based on that. Sometimes that's very difficult."                                                                              Hillary Clinton

What were you told about having a solid education growing up?  I know I have always valued education and in my formal education there were some classes that I enjoyed more than others. I have treasured all the classes that I have taken of my own volition and I admire what Emerson felt about a person's education.  He felt that you should seek information about that which makes you curious. What do you think bout on the subject?

Many blessings,

Sandy

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog