THECHRISTMAS RING

       "In our willingness to give that which we seek, we keep the abundance of the universe                circulating in our lives."  Deepak Chopra

Think back to the best Christmas present you ever received. For me it was a cubic zee ring set in gold. My first husband and I did quite a bit of shopping. We would see furniture we liked and think it was too high-priced and we would say, "if we come back in a week and it is on sale, we are meant to have it". Well, one year at Christmas time we were shopping, and we saw a ring I really liked.  I tried it on, and it was a little more than we wanted to spend, and so we left, with the same philosophy, if it’s still here in a week we were meant to have it. We came back a week later and it was gone.

Fast forward to Christmas.  There was a small box under the tree addressed to me.  I opened the box and there was a glass jewel case which took a long time to open.  When I finally got it open, there was only tissue paper inside. When I looked at him quizzically, Ron said, “It’s on the tree.” Our tree that year was flocked white and had all silver and gold ornaments on it.  As I searched the tree Ron would tell me I was getting hot or cold, until at last, I found the ring. The same ring I had seen in the department store.

"Money alone cannot buy happiness, but add love, joy and beauty, and share it with others and you can experience the true value of happiness."  Life's Garden of Weekly Wisdom       --Sandra Lindsey Smith

What is one of the best gifts you were ever given? Do you remember why it was the best? Share that thought with someone, and have that person share one with you as well.

Love and light,

Sandy

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog