THE DIVORCE AND MEETING GARY


"When we harness the forces of harmony, joy, and love, we create success and good fortune with effortless ease."  --Deepak Chopra

When I was 44, I was going through a divorce, and looking for answers to what my spirituality was.  I had been going to a toastmaster’s meeting that met at the Center for Joyful Living, in Bonita, California. After three years, I finally noticed a brochure for the Center that had been sitting there the whole time. As I read the information, it spoke of Spirit as being within me. It spoke of the Power I had, with the help of Spirit, to change my thinking and change my life. It shared the Bible's message, that it is done unto you as you believe. I went to the first service and the next few, crying each time I went.  I discovered my spiritual home, and that a new avenue in my life had opened up to me.

A few years later, after dating a little bit, and living by myself for the first time in my whole life, I realized that I loved me, and loved my life.  I realized that being by myself was powerful, and that even if I never married again, I was loved, loveable and loving. A few months later I met Gary, who had also decided he was enough, just by himself.  Wouldn’t you know, when we both let go and let God, we found each other.  This year makes twenty-one years of being married. Life has a way of unfolding, just as it is.

"Life happens, although not always as we expected it would happen. Yet, those challenges shape our lives, they mold us into the unique individuals we are today."                           Life's Garen Grows          --Sandra Lindsey Smith

How did you find your spirituality? Was it as a child? Was it later in life? Did you try several places and choose one that fit you? 

Love and light,

Sandy


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog