UNDER THE BED

"Every experience, good or bad, is present in our lives for one purpose: to make us conscious beings." Walter Starcke, The Third Appearance

There are some events in our life that we remember with regret. One of these events happen when I was I child of eight and living in California. We had dear friends who visited us from Illinois, a woman, who was my mother’s best friend; and her daughter Hope, who had been blind since birth. One day Hope, a neighbor girl and I were playing in my bedroom, and the neighbor girl signaled to me that we should hide under the bed.  We did and then the neighbor girl started laughing.  Hope was frantically trying to find where we were.  It is my first memory of doing something to another person that was not a kind thing to do. I remember asking the neighbor girl to go home, but the act of unkindness stung for quite a few years. It was one of those things that gave me a horrible opinion of myself, but it also made me realize that I never wanted to do something like that again.

When we do make a mistake, the only positive, constructive thing we can do is to learn from it and move on. Life is too short to concentrate on the past, we must press on to the greater positive actions of the future. From this moment on I will choose to do things in a compassionate and loving way.

"Each of our lives is a gift that deserves sharing with others."  Sandra Lindsey Smith,

Life's Garden of Weekly Wisdom

Is there something in your life that you regret doing? Is there something that awakened within you, to make a different choice if you were faced with a similar situation? Remember that with anything that may have happened in your past you can say, "From this moment on I will act out of kindness and compassion."

Love and light,

Sandy Smith


Comments

Popular posts from this blog