THE KIDS AT CASTLE PARK HIGH


"Live, Love and Laugh! Let the heart be glad and free; rejoice in the thought of life and be happy."
Earnest Holmes

When I was a teacher at Castle Park High in the 80's, it was one of the best jobs ever.  The school was just starting to include 9th graders for the first time in ten years.  They were also restarting a drama program after the same ten years.  I had a wonderful building all to myself to teach in, and I had a great group of kids to help me kick off the program.  We had no sets or props, so we spent the first year doing a lot of building. There was no speech team, so we started one.  The students were so involved, and hungry for new ideas and experiences. We had a principal who was so supportive of both my programs. Our shows always sold out, and students were so appreciative of something to be involved in. It was proof to me, that having the ability to be involved in something brought out the best in young people.

I believe my love of theatre was kindled the many successes in my life. From being in plays, to receiving a B.A. in Theatre Arts; to teaching and getting jobs that required the skills I learned through theatre; to becoming a minister and writer, all of these I owe to the many mentors who encouraged my creativity. Many blessings to all of you!

"Life is what you make it. It can be filled with robotic precision and no things to lighten the day, or it can be joyous and kind, loving and peaceful."  

--Sandra Lindsey Smith, "Life's Garden Grows."

Did you have something in your life that inspired you? Has life been an adventure for you? Who or what inspired the creativity in you?

Many Blessings,

Sandy Smith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog