MISSING DAD


"Your personal contribution towards the great plan for the evolution of man is to dwell continually upon the love of God; to look always into the light and so train yourself to recognize God's goodness working through everyone else". 
The Quiet Mind: Sayings of White Eagle

My father died when I was thirty.  It was the first time someone meaningful to me died.  He was only sixty-eight, so it was very unexpected.  While he was alive, he was not home very much, being way at work, or moving ahead of the family to a new state and a new job.  When he died, I realized that I had not always been nice to him.  I felt he talked too much, and it wasn’t always something I was even interested in. I remember him following people to their car as they were leaving church, still engaged in a conversation.  Where did those thoughts come from? When I stop to think about it now, I know that he loved me and gave me my deep love of reading, taking me to play archery at the local community college, and I always remember the huge smile on his face.  He had the habit of steering conversations away from gossiping about others.  I truly do miss him.

Sometimes when we are young, we walk around with blinders on, not recognizing the gifts that are right there in front of our faces. We need to share our love with family and friends and recognize and appreciate our blessings as they occur.

"What is Truth? A difficult question, but I have solved it for myself saying that it is what 'the voice within' tells you". (And we know that voice is God)

                                                                       The Shift      --Wayne Dyer

Are there some people who have crossed your path in life that you could have been nicer to? How have they blessed your life? Can you let them know by calling or writing to them? If they have already made their transition, you can still write to their spirit, or state out loud the way they made an impression on your life. Make it a practice to let other people know how much you appreciate them.

Love and light,

Sandy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog