"One of the most amazing events in the development of man into his present physical form occurred in the early stages of his existence...But through infinite changes and variations a fuller and more perfect expression of it occurred."                  

A New Design for Living"                   --Ernest Holmes


GOING TO KINDERGARTEN

Shyness was one of my noted qualities as a child, so imagine my horror as my mother left me by myself at my first day of kindergarten.  I cried as she started to leave me, and she told me not to worry, she would be right out in the hall. I made it through the day, but I am fairly sure she was not out in the hall all that time just waiting. I guess that was my first lesson in, “Feel the fear but do it anyway”. I started kindergarten in Illinois, and finished it in Michigan, and then did the same thing with first grade.  I traveled with my mom back and forth between the two states, two times, because she was first trying to rent our old house, and then trying to fix it up to be sold. As a child we always moved, so perhaps that was part of the shyness; new people to meet all the time.

As an adult I can see that up until high school, that shyness remained. However, in high school, I found my voice, reading writing, drama and speech became my channel for opening myself to expressing to my peers. 

"Trust comes from surrender, particularly when the problem seems insurmountable. In doing affirmative prayer you might say something like, 'I may not understand why things are happening as they are, but I know what I want will come about in Divine right order. I trust the process.' " 

      Life's Garden of Weekly Wisdom       -Sandra Lindsey Smith

What was your childhood like? Did you have a certain trait that has followed you through the years? Is there a trait like jealousy, anger, loneliness, or shyness, that you have had to or need to let go of? If you do need to let go of some habit or trait, try thinking back through the years and remember what triggered that feeling. Sometimes understanding can help to understand and release that feeling. 

In love and light,

Sandy





Comments

Popular posts from this blog