Life's Loving memories


 

 I sit here thinking about what to write about in this first New Year's post. My past two books of inspirational essays have had numerous quotes from other people.  I want this new blog to come from my heart.  There will be an occasional quote but mostly, I will speak from my heart.  Many people have influenced my life, from friends and family, to teachers, students, and complete strangers. These weekly entries will share some memories that have touched my heart. I am blessed beyond all measure.

"We are always moving toward remembering the truth of who we are, the one perfect extension of eternal love."       --Leenarts and Canton, There is Only You Beholding You

EARLIEST MEMORIES

My family lived in Illinois when the time neared for my birth. My mother was having complications with her pregnancy, so we went to My Uncle’s house in Indianapolis, Indiana about a month before I was born.  He was going to deliver me, so being close was pretty much a necessity. I was born a little later than expected, instead of January, I was born in February. 

We moved back home to Illinois, and I met my father and my siblings.  My oldest sister, Mary was ten, my middle sister, Carolyn was eight, and my brother, Bill, was seven. Word is that they enjoyed having a little sister, it was like having a live baby-doll to help take care of.

One of my first memories is of my mother sitting on the floor feeding me a bottle. In that house, in Oaklawn, I remember being afraid of the dark; wanting to do the dishes; and slipping away to play with my friend who lived down the street by the creek with the snapping turtles.

I remember learning how to play cards with my sisters and brothers who wanted a fourth for their games; making paper dolls; and climbing trees, we had nineteen in our yard.

The house we lived in seemed so big, but it dwarfed in size when I visited it some thirty years later. 

Life follows you, and sometimes it catches up to you. Make good use of the present moment and radiate life.  Sandra Lindsey Smith, Life's Garden of Weekly Wisdom

In love and light,
Sandy

 All of us have memories of the places we have lived in and the people we shared the experience with. Many of my fondest memories come from the siblings I grew up with. I know they helped to influence my life with all of the ways they touched my life. What are some of your memories?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog