"Fear is the dark room where negatives are developed"

Raymond Charles Barker

The Power of Decision


MY FIRST BIKE

It was always a treat to visit my family in Indianapolis, Indiana and when I was about eight years old, we visited my Aunt Elaine, and my cousins.  I had always wanted a bike, and they happened to have an old one that they were not using anymore. Guess what? Yes, it was given to me.

Oh, the excitement I felt in learning to ride it for the first time! One of my siblings held on to the back of the bike and told me that there would be a hand on the back of the bike the whole time.  Much to my surprise, after riding the length of the block, I turned to see that there was no one there. I realized that I had ridden the block by myself. What freedom, and absolutely no fear.

Remember when you were young, and nothing seemed to get in the way of doing something you wanted to do? It seems that as we get older it's harder to express some of that energetic enthusiasm. I Invite you to tap into that energy and do something you really wanted to do and were afraid to try.  At forty-five I took swing dance lessons, and I surprised myself when I was actually able to dance.

"Living fully means exercising our God-given right to be ourselves, to be who we are. We have the right to express ourselves authentically. We have the right to accept all possibilities, even the "impossible" ones. 

Life's Garden of Weekly Wisdom               -Sandra Lindsey Smith

Do you remember the first time you rode a bike? What was something daring you tried as a child?

Love and light,

Sandy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog