LOVE, LAUGH, AND BE WELL


"Love, laugh and be well speaks to the idea of seeing the good in each and every situation. When we find the good, shift happens."

Life's Garden of Weekly Wisdom       --Sandra Lindsey Smith

Most people enjoy life when they are happy and well, but what happens when you are not feeling so cheery and enthusiastic? Do you sit and have a pity party? Phone friends or family and ruminate on the lousy day you are having? Do you put emphasis on how bad you feel?  Do any of those things that reinforce the negative feelings make you feel any better?

I am a 22-year cancer survivor, I went through a divorce in 1997, pets, friends and family that I loved dearly, have died, and yes, I experienced some very sad feelings.  I allowed myself to grieve, and then I went a step further as a little time passed by, I looked for some of the things that happened as a result of those sad things happening in my life. Getting divorced helped me discover my Spiritual path, plus, I would never have met and married my current husband. My colon cancer allowed me to reevaluate what my true joy was and how I could get back into doing things I enjoyed, like theatre and travelling. Those pets, who were like my children; the friends and family that have made their transition all live in my heart and wonderful memories continue to bring a smile to my face as I remember them.

If you find you are having a bad day, who could you cheer up, who could you help? Sometimes helping others lets you let go of your own worries. Fell the feelings, but then think of a few ways you could create some positive energy: call a friend and go for coffee or to a movie; write a note to someone you haven't heard from in a while; watch some comedians on your television. You have the choice of staying in a blue mood or doing something about it.

As the song says, "Don't worry, be happy."

What are some of the things that going through difficult experiences have allowed you to realize? 

Love and light,

Sandy Smith






Comments

Popular posts from this blog