DON'T LET LIFE PASS YOU BY

"You have to enjoy life. Always be surrounded by people that you like, people who have a nice conversation. There are so many positive things to think about.
Sophia Loren

It doesn't matter what your age is, life is meant to be lived. As a young person I can remember thinking, "I can hardly wait until the summer get's here and we go camping." When I was in my middle years and going through a divorce, I can remember thinking, "What will life be like without a partner?" Now as a senior, looking at the silver highlights in my hair, I know that life is gift, and I've got so many exciting adventures left in my life. And so I keep my eyes open for friends to walk with, movies to see, and concerts to hear.

I have a dear friend whose mother made her transition in March of this year. She was such a vibrant person, and such a pleasant person to be around. She was a purser on a cruise line; a recovering alcoholic; a loving mother and grandmother wo loved to travel; Christmas at her house was a magical place; and she always hosted an Academy Awards party and had everyone over to watch with her. I can truly say that she never let life pass her by. And above all this she was a kind and caring person who left heart prints on everyone who crossed her path. What a wonderful way to be remembered!

Live your life to the fullest, and leave a positive presence in the places you visit, and the homes you live in. It makes the world a nicer place to live in.

You aren't your work, your accomplishments, your possessions, your home, your family... your anything. You're a creation of your Source, dressed in a physical human body intended to experience and enjoy life on Earth.

— Wayne Dyer


How will you be remembered? Do you keep in contact with your friends and family> If so, keep it up! If not, maybe it's time to make some phone calls, or write a few notes. See if there is a place nearby that you can volunteer, everyone needs some help stuffing letters to mail, or someone to answer the phone. Find someone in your neighborhood who likes to walk, or go out for lunch or a movie. Don't let life pass you by.

Love and Light,

Rev Sandy Smith


Comments

Popular posts from this blog