WHY NEW THOUGHT?

Nature herself does not distinguish between what seed it receives. It grows whatever seed is planted; this is the way life works. Be mindful of the seeds you plant today, as they will become the crop you harvest.Mary Morrissey

This morning I was stumped about an idea to write about in this blog. I asked my husband for a topic and he said, "What about New Thought". I said, "That's a great idea!"

When I discovered New Thought, I was going through a divorce. I had been attending a Toast Master's meeting at The Center for Joyful Living, in Bonita, California for three years. One day I discovered a brochure that talked about, Religious Science. It had probably been there the whole time I had been attending, but I was looking for a new spiritual tradition, and that day, the brochure caught my eye. It spoke about there being one Higher Power and that different people called it by different names. It spoke about how changing your thinking could change your life.

I attended the Center the very next weekend. I found positive people with a new outlook on life. I felt I had come home. Classes and workshops led me to deciding to become a practitioner, then to becoming a minister, and eventually having my own Center in Washington State.

Looking back, I think I can answer the question, why New Thought? It is a place where everyone is accepted for who they are; a place where all Faiths are honored for their similarities, and celebrated for their differences. We are all one family of human beings, wanting the best for each other. Come and visit a "Center for Spiritual Living" and see if you find a faith family like I did.

I am willing to release old negative beliefs. They are only thoughts that stand in my way. My new thoughts are positive and fulfilling.

I grew up attending a Methodist Church. It taught me to Love God and my fellow men. As I grew up and discovered all the many faiths that existed, I saw so many similarities between all of them. I found that one way was not right or wrong, but that each person must discover what feels the right fit for her or him. What about you? Have you explored other faiths than the one you grew up in?  Remember, what works for you is the perfect fit.
Love and Light - Rev Sandy Smith


Comments

Popular posts from this blog