IT'S AN INSIDE JOB 

"There is a Power for Good in the Universe and you can use it." 

Ernest Holmes,              --The Science of Mind Textbook

When I was forty-seven, divorced and searching for something meaningful in my life, I discovered The Science of Mind. I discovered that going through a divorce lead me to a new pathway of looking at life, a new faith tradition. I discovered that changing my thinking could change my life. It was my life preserver, and I embraced the teaching with an open mind and an open heart. I went to the Center for Joyful living in Bonita California, where coincidentally, I had been attending a Toastmaster Meeting for three years.

Shortly after my divorce, I picked up a brochure that had been sitting on a counter of that Center for the whole three years I had been attending those meetings, so I decided to attend on the next Sunday. Walking into the service gave me a whole new outlook on life. I attended classes, took workshops, found a Spiritual family, and realized I had always been a Religious Scientist. Looking at God as Spirit, a Creative Intelligence that runs through all faith traditions, made me realize that most faith traditions tap the same source, A Power for Good in the Universe. God is in, through and around me always, in all ways.

"Faith is my rock, but it is also the way I align my thoughts, my heart, and my actions to realize my goals. Prayer is the way I connect with the energy of God, it is also the way I clarify to myself what I am asking for. Thus when I enter a challenging and uncertain situation, I say, I am putting my trust in my faith, and stepping out."

Maya Angelou,                    --Rainbow in the Cloud

God within, God without--Spirit expresses daily, through each of us. Let your belief in Spirit lead you through the day. Be the light that makes a difference in the people who cross your path.

Love and Light,

Rev Sandy Smith


Comments

Popular posts from this blog