SHIFT YOUR PERSPECTIVE

 "A shift in perspective is sometimes needed when we blame ourselves for minor lapses. Have you ever noticed that the person you are hardest on is often yourself?"

Sandra Lindsey Smith,       --Life's Garden of Weekly Wisdom

Growing up, I felt my parents were so mean to me. I had to tell them where I was going and when I thought I would be home. I had chores and homework to do before I could watch television. As an adult, I could see why their attention had been so important. As a teacher, I often saw the results of what neglecting parents were like. I realized that my parents were doing what they were supposed to do as parents.

Through the years, I have made my share of mistakes, and I have often found myself hitting myself over the head about something I did or didn't do. I can truthfully say, that after discovering The Science of Mind, I know there are alternatives to help me to shift my perspective. I know now that affirmative prayer can help me shift my perspective. The Bible says, "yea, though I walk through the shadow of death..." Note that it doesn't say to stop and build a condo. Mistakes do happen, and when they do, we deal with them, and decide how we can avoid them if a "next time" happens.

"A positive shift in perspective. Whether choosing prayer treatment instead of complaining;...Remembering to be gentle with ourselves; or changing our thinking to change our lives, it is important to remember that yes, yes we can...when we remember , shift happens."

Sandra Lindsey Smith,             Life's Garden of Weekly Wisdom

When you make a mistake, are you able to see and realize what you might do if a similar situation happened again? Can you shift your perspective to realize that the mistake happened and it cannot be undone? You might need to apologize to someone if it involved another person, or realize that everyone makes a mistake now and then, and forgive yourself. Let the shift happen.

Love and Light,

Rev Sandy Smith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog