HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


"We are discovering more and more that having a belief  in a personal spirituality is beneficial to human life....May you always recognize the greater wisdom that you are, just as you are, perfect, whole, and complete."  "  Life's Garden of Weekly Wisdom--Sandra Lindesey Smith

Do you ever wake up and remember completely, how blessed you are? I almost always do. I realize that finding a faith that resonnates with me is the answer. No matter what you call that Higher Power makes no difference. if It brings out the joy in you and allows you to recognize the value of life, the value in being loving and kind, and it harms no one else, consider it a gift.

It's almost time for Halloween, and I was surpirzed that some faiths discourage participating in the tradition of dressing up for the day. From one of my earliest memories I recall being 
dressed as the statue of libery, and having a flashlight put in my hand for a tourch. Another costume was when my sister, Carolyn, made a pumpkin head out of orange construction paper and I went as Jack the Jack-o-lantern.

As and adult, in my frist marriage two stand out costumes are when we went as cub scouts, and another time when we went as two peas in a pod--award winners both times.  Now-a-days, I still put on a great pumkin or black cat sweatshirst, or don a pair of cat ears or skunk tail to hand out candy.

It is the spirit inside us, that connection with the Divine that matters, so have a little good fun, and have a safe Halloween.

"Spirituality is our choice. It is ours for the asking. We may not still connect with the faith we were born into, but that does not meal we are not spiritual; it means we haven't found  the right fit. When you find that special something that does feel like home, you reap your spiritual harvest."    Life's Garden of Weekly Wisdom,    --Sandra Lindsey Smith

What are your memories of Halloween from the past. For me, the friends and families I created costumes with, shared some light-heartedness
with, that is what stands out.  Loving memories are what I associate with this end of harvest season event.
May you have more treats than treats this Halloween!
Love and light,
Sandy Smith

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog