CAR CONSCIOUSNESS

"Your good is not postponed or delayed. Your mind senses the spiritual activities within it within it and cooperates fully. You watch new ideas happen in your mind and new events take place in your experience."      Ernest Holmes, The Power is within You

Growing up, my brother and my dad always worked on the car when it had its little breakdowns.  It might take a day or two to fix, but more than likely it lasted a week or more. From that early experience came a fear of what would happen next as far as breakdowns were concerned. I worried about my tires going flat and life listened to me, I had more than my fair share of leaky tires.  New thought teaches us that what you think about comes about, and my worry about what would go wrong next, lead to a myriad of repair bills. Then I met my second husband, Gary.  He always believed his cars would last, even after the speed-o-meter turned over one hundred thousand miles. He believed that if you kept a car up, took it in for its regular check-ups, it would run like clockwork. We will have been married twenty- two years next January, and have had no major problems with our cars, they do run smoothly and reliably, and that’s my constant mantra.

Life is like those cars. Treat them right, tend to them with love, and know that your problems will be few.

"Shifting perspective brings to mind a number of issues. Some changes are easy to make while others are not so obvious...In general, changing our thinking changes our life."

Sandra Lindsey Smith, Life's Garden Grows

What things in your life seem to last a long time because you expect them to? Is there something in your life that giving your attention to it makes a difference?

Love and light,

Sandy


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog