VISITING MARY




"So much in life has to do with just letting go and letting God. Someone cut out and pasted on my door a little cartoon that reads, "Good morning! This is God! I will be handling all your problems today. I will not need your help. So have a good day!" Part of Divine wisdom comes when we remember to turn to God for inspiration and help with challenges."

Sandra Lindsey Smith

Lief's Garden of Weekly Wisdom

My oldest sister is ten years older than I am.  When I was 12, she got married and moved to Northern California. During the next few summers, I would visit her during the summer.  She and her husband would go to work, and there I was, alone in her house.  I read books, ate sunflower seeds, and walked to the grocery store most every day to bring back my treats for the day.  I discovered pennies in my brother-in-law’s desk, and each day I would take a few out to help me with my purchases.  I would write, on a small piece of paper, “I owe you twenty-five cents, I owe you seventy-five cents, and so on, until by the end of the visit I had ranked up about fifteen dollars.

The years went by, and I was already in college.  All through those years I had felt guilty for never paying back the money to my brother-in-law.  Finally, I went to him and paid him back for the money I had taken.  He said, "Really, I don’t even remember that happening.” All those years I agonized over not handing over the money, and he didn’t even remember.

Are there some situations you have been hanging on to, that you have to resolve, and/or let go of? Maybe they have built up in your conscience and you spend unnecessary energy in worrying about them? Resolve them in person, and/or know that from this moment on, you will forget the mistakes of the past and move on to the greater things in this "now" moment.

                      "I can release the past and forgive anyone."            -- Louise Hay

Remember that you are a blessing, and what you say and do makes a difference in your life, and in every person, situation or thing that crosses your path. Remember that for everything you perceive of as a mistake, there are many, many other things that you have excelled at.

Love and light,

Sandy




Comments

Popular posts from this blog